Warranty | Returns | Exchanges
SPAWN CYCLES LIMITED WARRANTY
We stand behind every Spawn Cycles bike and component! There is a 30-day return period on our bikes as long as they have not been ridden outside and are in the original packaging. Some restrictions and re-stocking fees may apply.
WHAT IS COVERED
Frames + Rigid Forks: Our Warranty covers the frames and rigid forks of each new complete Spawn Cycles bicycle for five (5) years from the original date of purchase for the original owner excluding dirt jumper and FS frames as they are likely to sustain crash damage and (exceptions apply, see what is not covered below).
Parts + Components: all other original components, dirt jumper and full suspension frames are covered for a period of one (1) year of the original purchase. Don't worry, if something happens on day 367 or you scored a pre-loved Spawn (yay for you!) - there is a section on all of that below!
Special Cases + Pre-Owned Bikes
- Shipping damage
We pride ourselves on an ultra-low warranty return rate of just .05%. While shipping damage happens once in a while, it is not too often that we see anything beyond a small paint chip or a bent derailleur hanger. Couriers don't always adhere to the "THIS SIDE UP" or "HANDLE WITH CARE" rules and may knock a wheel out of true or bend a derailleur hanger. We usually evaluate these types of shipping damage on a case-by-case basis and work with our customers to determine the appropriate course of action to make it right for them! In any event, you will not be left with a damaged or unrideable bike. We usually have all of our proprietary parts in stock and if it is easier and quicker to get something fixed locally, we will cover the costs of labour and supply any necessary replacement parts to get your little one back in the saddle ASAP. We are real human parents and know what it's like :)
- Pre-Owned Bikes and "Out of Warranty" cases:
It may not be covered under warranty but our bikes LAST and we know bike people LOVE a rebuild project so if you need any help please email us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help and try to stock all the proprietary replacement parts needed to spruce up your pre-loved Spawn Cycles Bike whenever possible.
WHAT IS DEFINITELY NOT COVERED
- While we stand by the quality of our bikes, the responsibility to correctly assemble, inspect and maintain the bike ultimately lies with the customer. We strongly recommend performing a bolt check before each ride and regular service/maintenance as frequently as needed. Bikes that are meant for heavier use such as DJ frames and downhill/enduro bikes may require frame inspections in case of a crash
- Normal wear-and-maintenance items such as tires, tubes, pedals, brake pads, and cables are excluded from the warranty.
- Cosmetic, non-structural damage to any of the components such as scrapes or scratches will be covered up to the maximum amount of shipping charges incurred by the original owner (up to $40 flat rate in the USA and $50 in Canada).
- Crash damage to dirt jumper frames and full suspension bikes is not covered under the 5-year limited warranty. Any damage caused by improper assembly or maintenance, neglect, accident, or improper use of the bikes is excluded from the warranty.
WHEELSETS, TIRES, AND OTHER BROOD BIKE CO. & SPAWN CYCLES COMPONENTS
Spawn Cycles and Brood Bike Co. do not guarantee compatibility of the proprietary components with other manufacturers' products as specifications may change without notice at any time.
Brood Bike Co. tubeless-ready tires and wheels are ERTRO-compliant and are designed to be used with compatible ETRTO-compliant products or as direct replacements for components on Spawn Cycles bicycles. These items will be a final sale unless used with compatible rims, tires, and wheels or on Spawn Cycles bikes. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure compatibility and ETRTO-compliance. No refunds will be issued for tires used outside, damaged items, or non-original packaging.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED BY THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SPAWN CYCLES OR SPAWN CYCLES AMERICA INC. BIKES SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES IN CONNECTION WITH ITS BICYCLE OR COMPONENT PRODUCTS. SPAWN CYCLES' AND SPAWN CYCLES AMERICA'S LIABILITY HEREUNDER IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT OF GOODS NOT COMPLYING WITH THIS WARRANTY OR, AT SPAWN CYCLES' ELECTION, TO THE REPAYMENT OF OR CREDIT IN AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION.
THIS WARRANTY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY APPLIES TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE.