Times have changed and so have the models, but we think we’re getting it right for the majority of kids with the Raiju.
The Raiju is exactly what we think most kids between 6 and 9 should be riding. A truly lightweight bike with an awesome 6061-T6 frame, a rigid but compliant 4130 chromoly fork and solid parts.
The frame boasts a semi-integrated headset. CNC’d yoke and ISCG-05 chain guide tabs. The Raiju has 3 piece alloy cranks with an integrated chainguard and a narrow-wide chainring for superior chain retention. On the shifting side, we spec'd the Raiju with a SRAM drivetrain with an X4 rear derailleur and X3 trigger shifter and a wide 12-28 7 speed SRAM cassette. The drivetrain is pushing sweet wheels with alloy hubs with sealed cartridge bearings, lightweight alloy rims and Kenda small block eight tires.
When things get moving this fast, you better be able to stop too! For that we’ve spec’d all of our 20” and 24” bikes with disc brakes. The Raiju uses Tektro mechanical discs to get things slowed down.
The Raiju comes in a touch under 21 lbs and does more than most kids will ever need it too. A capable trail steed that won’t break the bank.Need help selecting the right size?
- Frame FRAME 6061 - T6 ALLOY
- Fork 4130 CHROMOLY
- Cranks CRANKS ALLOY, 127MM
- Chainwheel ALLOY, 32T
- Bottom Bracket SEALED SQUARE TAPER
- Rear Derailleur SRAM X4
- Shifter SRAM X3
- Cassette SRAM, 12-28T
- Chain KMC
- Front Brake TEKTRO MECHANICAL DISC, 160MM
- Rear Brake TEKTRO MECHANICAL DISC, 160MM
- Brake Levers TEKTRO MINI
- Handlebars ALLOY, 560MM WIDE, 31.8MM
- Grips KRATON MUSHROOM
- Stem FORGED ALLOY, 40MM
- Front Hub ALLOY, SEALED BEARING
- Rear Hub ALLOY, FREEHUB, SEALED BEARING
- Rims ALLOY, DOUBLE WALL
- Tires ALLOY, DOUBLE WALL
- Headset SEALED BEARING
- Seat SEAT VELO
- Seatpost ALLOY
- Seatpost Clamp ALLOY, QR
- Pedals WELLGO ALLOY
- ST seat tube length 255MM
- HA head tube angle 70 DEGREES
- SA effective seat tube angle 73 DEGREES
- TT theoretical top tube length 450MM
- HT head tube length 100MM
- FL fork length 358MM
- WB wheelbase 856MM
- FC front centre 516MM
- RC rear centre 340MM